Teams travelling in excess of 300kms (one way) will be reimbursed at a rate of $0.44/kms per vehicle (maximum 2 vehicles) from the 301st kms onwards.
This year, the travel subsidy will be distributed as part of the Ministry Club Funding. Please click here to fill out the funding application. Application is due May 11th.
Ontario Volleyball has instituted a Stay to Play policy (see policy below) which will be managed by the Hudson Travel Group.
New for 2022, teams that travel in excess of 400+kms one way will be given early access to secure their hotel rooms. The OVA will be providing all Club Contacts that qualify for this early booking the direct booking links.
UPDATE: The hotel booking process is being pushed back to ensure Ontario regulations allow for team sport competition. The hotel preview links will be made available by February 7th with bookings going live on February 15/16th for teams travelling in excess of 400+kms one way.
All teams that are travelling in excess of 400+kms one way to either Ontario Championships in Waterloo or Mississauga will be directly emailed the booking links to utilize the day the hotel booking opens for them. The links will be emailed to the Club contact to distribute appropriately to this in the Clubs that are responsible for booking their team's hotel rooms. The booking links will be active as of 10am on the day they are able to book.
Clubs under the radius of 400kms one way can click on the links below for the event to secure their rooms. It is suggested that each team blocks their entire needs for a team to ensure all parents, athletes and coaches stay at the same hotel. The link will be active at 10am on the day the booking process opens for each respective event.
The remaining teams will be able to access the booking portals from HTG as outlined below:
HOTEL BOOKING OPENS
|ROOMING LISTS DUE TO HOTEL*||PREVIEW LINKS||BOOKING LINKS|
|Teams travelling 400+ kms one way||ALL Waterloo events||Tuesday February 15 at 10:00am||Tuesday March 1||See links below.||Being emailed directly to Clubs.|
|Teams travelling 400+ kms one way||ALL Mississauga events||Wednesday February 16 at 10:00am||Tuesday March 1||See links below.||Being directly emailed to Clubs.|
Thursday, April 14 - Saturday, April 16, 2022
|RIM Park, Waterloo||
Thursday February 17 at 10:00am
|Tuesday March 1||
Sunday, April 17 -Tuesday, April 19, 2022
|RIM Park, Waterloo||
Friday February 18 at 10:00am
|Tuesday March 1||
|Friday, April 22 - Sunday, April 24, 2022||RIM Park, Waterloo||Monday February 21 at 10:00am||Tuesday March 15||
|Friday, April 29 - Sunday, May 1, 2022||RIM Park, Waterloo||Wednesday February 23 at 10:00am||Tuesday March 15||
|Thursday, April 21 - Saturday, April 23, 2022||Paramount Fine Foods Centre, Mississauga||Thursday February 24 at 10:00am||Tuesday March 15||
|Sunday, April 24 - Tuesday, April 26, 2022||Paramount Fine Foods Centre, Mississauga||Friday February 25 at 10:00am||Tuesday March 15||
|Friday, April 29 - Sunday, May 1, 2022||Paramount Fine Foods Centre, Mississauga||Monday February 28 at 10:00am||Tuesday March 15||Preview Link||Booking Link|
Teams must be registered in their respective Ontario Championship event and have a team ID code (found on the event receipt through NRS) prior to booking accommodations through Hudson Travel Group. The hotel booking process will be managed as per the dates in the chart above to alleviate the stress having the seven event hotel booking processes open on the same day. Registration information can be found here.
Note: If your Club falls within 125kms of RIM Park or the Paramount Fine Foods Centre, you do not have to stay in the event hotels as you do not fall within the Stay and Play policy. However, if your Club Team decides to book accommodations, the bookings must be made through Hudson Travel Group (HTG). Hudson Travel Group will work with your Team to ensure your needs are met.
Follow the instructions below to book your hotel. Room blocks are set to 13 rooms.
If you have issues while completing the booking process or require additional space, please contact Carrie Lynn Bonavia at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ontario Staycation Tax Credit is a temporary tax credit implemented in 2022 to encourage Ontarians to explore the province.
Accommodations such as hotel stays are eligible under this tax credit with Ontario families able to claim expenses up to $2,000 or $1,000 as an individual. Only 1 (one) family member can claim the credit for the year, which includes the eligible expenses of spouse/common-law partner and children.
1) Click on the booking link.
2) On the landing page, enter your email address.
a. If you are an existing HTG client, you will be automatically redirected to input the following information (Team Club/Group Name, Division/Category, Team Code)
b. If you are NOT an existing HTG client, you will be automatically directed to input the following information: (First & Last Name, phone number, Team Club/Group Name, Division/Category, Team Code)
3) A Queue system will be in place during high volume booking requests only (opening day of registration and accommodation booking)
a. Team will automatically be placed in the queue for booking. During the queue process the preview link will be on the screen and live so as teams are booked the inventory and options are updated accordingly
b. A hotel booking link will be emailed to you as soon as your place comes up in the queue. (we advise that you continue to refresh your email). It could take up to 20 minutes to be processed through the queue depending on the volume at the time you have started the above process.
4) After you receive the email, click on “Login Directly” link of the email you received from email@example.com” The link allows you to sign-in directly (your login information is contained in the link).
5) Choose your 1st hotel choice by clicking on the “bed” icon and input the number of rooms* & nights required. If you don’t need accommodation Thursday night, be sure to change the arrival date.
a. Also choose your 2nd - 5th alternate hotel choice to allow for faster turnaround time
b. Individual and parent room requirements should be included in your block
c. You can fill out the “comment” box for special requests/details
d. Click Submit
*If you require more than the maximum, please indicate this in the comments box at the time of your request. We will do our best to accommodate any additional requests based on a priority sequence once all teams are booked.
6) The page will change to the “Room Summary Request” On this screen, there will be a “book another team” button for any clubs that are booking multiple teams. (Repeat step 2a). Please note: you will need all unique team ID’s to book for a 2nd team for the same event weekend.
7) Check your email. HTG will confirm 1st hotel choice, if this hotel is not available, we will automatically confirm them in one of their alternate hotel choices 2nd – 5th.
a. Team will receive the “hotel confirmation” email which indicates that their hotel is booked and confirmed
b. After the hotel has been confirmed, teams will be able to access their hotel booking through the “login directly” link attached to the Hotel Confirmation email. This will bring them to their own personal team “Dashboard” with all hotel information and rooming list access. Team Managers will also see the “Book Another Team” button within the dashboard
c. Team will receive another email with the “Rooming List Entry Link” that can be forwarded to any/all team members/parents to book and manage their individual room.
1. For large room requests (multiple teams from the same club) our priority will be to keep all rooms in the same property. This means you may end up with any of your hotel selections from 1 to 5. Our next priority will be to fit as many rooms in one hotel choice and the remaining in another one of your hotel choices
2. Individual Parent room bookings – Can also use the “Rooming List Entry Link” email that can be forwarded to you by the Team Manager
1) How do I get to my dashboard to manage my bookings?
Click on your settings on the top right of the page, click on Dashboard.
2) How do I enter my room list?
Under My Events, Select the Event, Select the Team Name you want to add the rooming list to
3) How do I not have to enter my credit card # for all of the teams in my block vs doing individually for all rooms?
4) When is my room list due?
February 18, 2022 for ALL Waterloo Events
February 21, 2022 for ALL Mississauga Events
5) What happens if I don’t submit my rooming list by February 2022?
All rooms in the block will be released back into inventory. DO NOT FORGET TO SUBMIT YOUR ROOM LIST TO AVOID LOSING ROOMS FOR YOUR TEAM!
6) How do I cancel my entire block for a team in one event?
7) How do I cancel a few rooms from my block?
Before Rooming List Submission – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
After Rooming List Submission – please request through the individual room reservation email online or call 1-800-668-5596
8) How do I send a link to parents to add their credit card details and rooming list?
There is a link on your dashboard that allows to you send a link to parents directly (send “link for group”). You also have the option to email email@example.com or call 1-800-668-5596
9) As the Club Contact, why did I receive two emails when I booked a room?
10) How do I login to my account if I lose my email with the direct login link?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-668-5596
Ontario Volleyball has instituted a Stay to Play policy to ensure availability of accommodations for all participants while better managing competition costs. The Stay to Play policy is in effect for all Indoor Ontario Championships.