The role involves event coordination and on-site support. As such, the position requires travel and a significant amount of work on weekends. The role encompasses a broad range of tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Between May and August, administer OVA’s 14 weeks of beach tournaments throughout Ontario including satellite events, Ontario Championships & National Championships. The Operations Coordinator may be required to split their time between the office and the beach to ensure the OVA Beach Tour operates smoothly.
- Lead the organization, management and delivery of the Beach Tour Competitions (summer and winter) including.
- Other duties as assigned
- Support the Grassroots and Community Outreach Manager by updating the website with program details, sending out clinic and program kits and helping to schedule house league programs, special events, and pilot programs.
- Assist the Operations Lead with administering referee courses and Rules R and coaching certification workshop delivery.
- Assist the Operations Lead with the administration of Arbiter Sports online referee assigning software to troubleshoot member issues, run invoices and paysheets and reports.
- Manage and administer referee and coach eligibility checks throughout the season and communicate with coaches and referees on eligibility issues.
- Ensure that assigned areas of the website and the Referee Engagement Centre are being maintained and information is kept up to date and current.
- Staff liaison to the Athlete Council, attend meetings, take meeting minutes and share work with the Executive Director.
Event Management Support
- Support the youth competitions team by creating and mailing out host packages, maintaining tournament information pages of the website, managing inventory tracking of competition supplies, communicating with the clubs about confirming upcoming hosting events.
- Assist the Operations team on event planning and onsite delivery of events including, but not limited to:
- Indoor Competitions Convention Centre events – timing varies.
- OVA Annual General Meeting – December
- Ontario Winter ParaSport Games – February
- Indoor Ontario Championships – April
- National Indoor Championships – May
- Ontario Beach Tour – May to August
- OVAtion Banquet and Hall of Fame – June
- Beach National Championships – August
Volleyball 4 Life & Community Outreach
Annual coordination of sitting volleyball in the province, including but not limited to setting up Try It Sessions, booking and scheduling sitting volleyball tournaments for regular season and Ontario Championships delivery and being the main point of contact for stakeholders.
- Collaborate in the recruitment and management of sitting volleyball clinicians to deliver sessions to clubs and community groups upon request.
- Collaborate with ParaSport Ontario to drive tournament management and community outreach for sitting volleyball.
- Support the Manager of Beach Programs in the delivery of Volleyball 4 Life recreational programming opportunities through spring and summer months.
- Support the Manager of Indoor Programs and Athlete Development Coordinator with the delivery of indoor Volleyball 4 Life opportunities for grassroots to adult programming.
- Responsible for the overarching goal of achieving operational excellence within our clubs. This role will be integral in fulfilling our strategic goals by advancing our sport in the communities.
- Consistent, reliable source of support for clubs and their boards/volunteers.
- Develop channels for community input and feedback by identifying Association program needs, strengths, and weaknesses through analytical assessment including gathering feedback from key stakeholders via wellness checks, surveys, Town Hall Sessions and focus groups.
- Lead the membership screening, administer Respect in Sport, Club Form compliance and communicate with clubs and members on ineligibility issues.
- Assist with safe sports screening/support delivery of safe sport initiatives.
- Supporting clubs in implementing provincial policies and best practices in areas of governance and operations and planning training and professional development sessions for volunteers and Club Board members.