The OVA's Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Advisory Committee (IDEAC) is tasked with providing leadership and direction to OVA’s inclusion policies and any potential programs or educational material that may be needed to support the mandate of the OVA with the view to:
- Remove barriers to inclusion in our sport volleyball for all citizens of Ontario.
- Achieve a greater understanding of the many diverse communities in Ontario, among our membership and their needs to safely participate in our sport.
The committee is made of the following members serving a 2-year term and members were selected through a public call and application process:
- Michael Amoroso - OVA Board Member
- Kerish Maharaj - Manager Community Outreach OVA
- Alishia Lidums - Director Operations OVA
- Andrew Robb - Officials Committee Rep
- Bryan Fautley - Sobeys Olympic Support Program
- Ally Fast - Niagara Penguins & Brock University
- Jessi Satti - Pakmen Volleyball Club
- Shanice Marcelle - Team Canada
- Jen Neilson - York University
- Samara Savor - Multiple Organizations - Parent Rep
- Hilary McGregor - Indigenous Sport and Wellness Ontario
The terms of reference for this committee can be found below.