Benefits Of Sanctioning Your Event
- Liability Insurance: Available for sanctioned events that will include non-OVA members. Insurance coverage is provided by Ontario Volleyball;
- Technical Assistance: Advice and support for the event where needed;
- Event Participation: Increases the base of potential entrants in your event with over 13,000 OVA members and affiliates throughout Ontario Volleyball;
- Increased Prestige: For many events, when Ontario Volleyball sanctions an event, it improves the event's public perception. A sanction lets the participants know that the event will be run in accordance with the applicable rules and guidelines;
- Use of OVA Logo: A sanctioned event has the right to use the Ontario Volleyball logo to promote the fact that the provincial governing body has sanctioned the event; and
- Recognition Of Event: Each sanctioned event is listed and promoted on through electronic communications to OVA members and affiliates at no charge and identifies it as a Sanctioned Event.
$225 Sanction Fee + HST ($29.25)
$175 - OVA provides insurance for 1-25 non-OVA member participants (if needed)
$100 - Events can utilize the OVA's online registration system (if needed)
If you are interested in sanctioning an event with us please fill out the OVA Sanctioned Event Application.
Sanctioned Event Application
If you have any questions about sanctioning, please contact: