The 22U Provincial Team is integrated into the Ontario Senior Fulltime Training Group and will include athletes preparing to and aspiring to represent Canada in U19/U21 World Championships, FISU Games and NORCECA/FIVB Tour competitions.
The main objective of this program is to introduce and prepare athletes for the national team and a high performance beach culture, which includes international competitions, securing financial support, and learning to create and manage their own Integrated Support Team as a fulltime athlete.
- Born in 1994 or earlier
- A permanent resident of Ontario
- A registered full member of the OVA
- Meet performance evaluation standards
Dates: May 2 - August 28, 2016
- Four to five (4 - 5) training sessions per week
- Led strength & conditioning sessions
- Weekly instructor led yoga sessions
- Nutritional Consults and Mental Performance Training
- When not competing out of province, athletes are expected to commit to all regular training sessions and compete regularly in the OVA tour, both provincial weekends, Nationals.
- Athletes without Team coaches will receive coaching support during OVA Tour, Provincials, & Nationals
- On court training will be held primarily at Ashbridges Bay, however some training sessions will be scheduled at Volleyball Canada’s Fulltime Training Centre at Downsview Park in May until the weather allows for outdoor training.
- Strength and conditioning sessions will be held at Volleyball Canada’s Fulltime Training Centre at Downsview Park
On-court Training Schedule:
- May & June training will be held from 8:00am to 10:30am or 4:00pm to 6:30pm
- July & August training will be held from 8:00am to 10:30am or 10:30 to 1:00pm
Provincial Team Program Cost: $1650 + HST to be paid for by May 1, 2016
Athletes looking to be a part of the 22U Beach Provincial Team can be identified by participating in a minimum of one of the following practice dates at the Fulltime Training Centre, Downsview Park:
Males - April 2, 9, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 27, 28 (Wed 4:00-6:30, Thurs 2:00-4:30, Sat 9:00-11:30a)
Females - April 3, 10, 17, 18, 20, 24, 25, 27 (Mon/Wed 4:30-6:30p, Sun 9:00-11:00a)
The cost to be identified is a one time OVA competitive membership fee, please register here: https://nrs.volleyball.ca/Event/Details/5471
And upon registering contact Senior Beach Development Coach Angie Shen firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to attend one of the above practices.
Identification into the 22U Beach Provincial Team is individual. Both athletes in already existing teams are not guaranteed to make the team or the training group together. While the identification for the 22U Beach Provincial team is individual, athletes’ appropriateness in choice of partner and preparedness to being able to secure a partner for the full season will be taken into consideration. Provincial team coaches will guide and assist athletes new to beach on how to select a partner and securing one for the season.
Please contact Senior Beach Development Coach Angie Shen at email@example.com if you have any questions or are looking to be identified.