Region 4 Annual General Meeting
The purpose of the Annual meeting of Regional members of Ontario Volleyball is to deal with the usual Regional business of Ontario Volleyball such as Board reports, Regional Committee reports, Election of Delegates and discussion of new business.
Attending and voting at your Regional Annual General Meeting (AGM) is your opportunity to have a formal say in how Ontario Volleyball operates and to make an impact on policy decisions within your Region and the Association as a whole.
Region 4 AGM
Date: Friday November 3rd, 2017
Time: 7:00 PM
Conference Call#: 1-888-884-4539
Guest code#: 3574925
Please note: The Region 4 AGM will be held via conference call. If you would like to attend the meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org by November 2nd, 2017. Please use the email address that is associated with your membership in NRS so that we can verify your identity.
All Regional AGM’s will follow the same format.
The agenda for the Annual Regional Meeting will at least include:
- Call to order
- Establishment of Quorum
- Appointment of Scrutineers
- Approval of the Agenda
- Declaration of any Conflicts of Interest
- Adoption of Minutes of the previous Annual Region Meeting
- Reports of Staff, Board of Directors and/or Committees
- Business as specified in the meeting notice
- New Business/Concerns to be brought to the Association’s Board of Directors
Note – New Business
Any voting member who wishes to add new business item to the agenda of the AGM must give written notice to the Regional President at least ten (10) days prior to the meeting date or upon the sole discretion of the Regional president or designate.
Please email your Regional president to add new business to the agenda:
Region 4 President: Kiana De La Cruz, Region4president@ontariovolleyball.org
Election of Delegates
At the Regional AGM’s, it is a mandatory requirement that your Region selects delegates (including alternates) to attend and vote at the OVA AGM. Regional Presidents must send their slate of delegates including alternates to the OVA office by November 17th at the latest.
Note: Although your identified delegates need not be present or participate in the Regional AGM, it is important to note that only those names that are on the list that is submitted to the OVA will be declared eligible to vote at the OVA AGM.
- Region 1 is eligible to send one (1) delegate to the OVA AGM on December 3rd, 2017.
- Region 2 is eligible to send three (3) delegates to the OVA AGM on December 3rd, 2017.
- Region 3 is eligible to send twenty-one (21) delegates to the OVA AGM on December 3rd, 2017.
- Region 4 is eligible to send four (4) delegates to the OVA AGM on December 3rd, 2017.
- Region 5 is eligible to send seventeen (17) delegates to the OVA AGM December 3rd, 2017.
- Region 6 is eligible to send seven (7) delegates to the OVA AGM on December 3rd, 2017.
Pickering east to Amherstview, north to Haliburton area - Cobourg, Peterborough, Belleville, Trenton