The next Ontario Summer Games (OSGs) will be hosted in Mississauga August 11-14, 2016.
2016 Regional Team Resources
- All athletes coaches and officials must be full members in good standing with Ontario Volleyball
- All athletes coaches and officials must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Athlete age requirements: 16U (born in 2000 or later)
- Eighteen (18) teams per gender have been accepted into the OSGs. It is an Ontario Games policy that sports send an equal number of male and female participants
- Each Region will send three (3) teams per gender to the games. Regions will be provided with an opportunity to add teams should another region not be able to field the required number of teams. This opportunity will be offered to the largest regions first as determined by membership records as of August 31, 2015
- Regional Presidents in conjunction with the Regional Athlete Development Chair are required to select regional team staff, which includes one (1) Head Coach and one (1) Assistant Coach per gender
- Head coaches must have completed the Level II Beach Technical NCCP Course.
- One of the head or assistant coach must be of the gender competing. Example, a female team must have at least one female head or assistant Coach.
- The entire team staff must have a valid police check including a vulnerable sector screen on file at the OVA office by June 27th 2016.