This year’s HPC is a 8-day development camp focused on introducing a larger group of athletes to a high performance training environment.
Team Ontario coaches will be leading a variety of sessions with the athletes to help them develop their skills. Athletes will be presented with concepts relative to the university and international levels in order for them to better understand the steps they need to take in order to achieve their high performance goals. On the last days of HPC, players will be split into teams for a competition. The selection for the Team Ontario RED program will be made at the end of the HPC.
- December 5th to February 7th: Registration to Athlete Identification Process
- January 8th to April 29th: Athlete Identification Process
- May 8th: Invitations to HPC sent to selected athletes
- July 8th: Athletes arrive at Nipissing University for HPC
- July 8th-15th: High Performance Centre (HPC)
- July 15th: Selection of athletes for Team Ontario Red. Selected athletes stay, non-selected athletes return home
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
Boys: 48 athletes
Girls: 60 athletes
*the number of boys and girls is different to reflect the reality of volleyball participation in Ontario
Players must be born in September 2001 or later.
Older players could be selected based on their physical and skill developmental level.
Invitation only. Athletes must register to the High Performance Athlete Identification Process
Team Ontario RED athletes are selected at the end of HPC.