Indoor Youth Competitions - Tryouts
The tryout season can be the most nerve-racking part of the season as athletes and parents are often faced with the difficult decision of trying to determine which club will provide them with the best volleyball experience.
It is important to note that athletes are not obligated to sign on to any team immediately after a tryout. Athletes have the right to register with any club and are free to tryout for any team until they have made a commitment (which is defined as signing the OVA Membership Waiver form for the club). The OVA Membership Waiver form is the only commitment agreement recognized by Ontario Volleyball.
Athletes can register with a Club up until February 1st of each competition season and are eligible to compete for that Club for the duration of that season.
In an effort to make this process less stressful, athletes and parents are encouraged to seek out as much information as possible about different volleyball programs in their community. Once all the information is gathered each individual can make an informed decision. The following questions are all designed to help educate the parent and athlete:
• What is the club's philosophy?
• What is the coach’s philosophy?
• Where and how often will the team train?
• Which tournaments will the team compete in?
• What are the registration fees?
• What is included in the registration fees?
• Are there any additional fees?
• What is the clubs refund policy?
• What is the coach’s level of certification?
• Have the coaches completed their police records check and vulnerable sector screening?
For more information, please contact OVA Technical Director, Jason Trepanier at