Team Ontario Beach is excited to announce that the OVA will be running a pre-season beach volleyball camp at Club Med Sandpiper Bay All-Inclusive Resort in Florida from March 12 to 18, 2018!
Sixteen  athletes, between the ages of 12-16, will travel to Florida for six days in order for them to learn and enjoy beach volleyball in an outdoor setting. Club Med Sandpiper Bay is home to the National Volleyball League’s Beach Volleyball Academy and provides access to 7 professional sand courts.
This camp is designed to:
- provide a pre-season opportunity for Train to Train athletes (age 12-16) to develop their beach volleyball skills
- provide outdoor training to Ontario beach volleyball players in the middle of March
- introduce athletes to out-of-country training and competition routines
- introduce athletes to Team Ontario beach volleyball concepts
- allow families to enjoy a vacation together with a beach volleyball camp for the kids
- Introducing beach volleyball concepts with an emphasis on physical literacy & developing whole skills.
- Developmentally appropriate individual technical and tactical components of beach volleyball
- playing with external factors (wind, sun, heat)
- offensive and defensive concepts
- serving, passing, setting, attacking, block peel decisions, digging
- Managing yourself in an unfamiliar environment
- Female and Male
- 12-16 years old as of March 12th 2018 (Athletes born between Jan-2002 and March-2006 inclusively)
- Athletes can sign up as an individual or as a team
This program has been designed so that families are able to enjoy a vacation while their child attends the camp. Supervision will be provided by our Team Ontario coaches in a ratio of at least 1 adult for every 6 children.
Full 2018 cost details will be available during the week of September 24th. For your reference, 2017 costs for athletes (camp fee & Club Med food/accommodations only) were:
- 12-15 yrs old $1425 (taxes incl)
- 16+ yrs old $1850 (taxes incl)
To Reserve Your Spot & Register:
The camp will be limited to 16 female and male athletes between the ages of 12-16 years old. The spots will be allocated on a first come first served basis and players will be put on a waiting list once the 16 spots are taken.
To reserve a spot in the camp at the lowest possible cost, please complete the following by September 24, 2018:
- Fill out this form to reserve your cost here: https://goo.gl/forms/ZxuuHagk9C4cZMHn2
- A final quote will be provided during the week of September 24, at which point a deposit will be required to reserve your spot(s).
Filling out this form does not guarantee or commit you to a spot in the camp until a deposit has been paid, but it allows you the first opportunity to provide a deposit at the lowest group rate provided to the OVA.
Take advantage of this amazing opportunity for fun in the sun! Register TODAY to secure your spot!
About Sandpiper Bay Club Med
Sandpiper Bay Club Med is a premium all-inclusive sports resort in Florida, a haven for active families and home to the Club Med Academies. Located right on the St. Lucie River, this resort has the ideal Floridian all-inclusive vacation packages for active families that want to engage in sports, professional coaching and fitness programs offered at the exclusive Club Med Academies.
This is the only all-inclusive Club Med family resort in the U.S. that is a flagship “premium sports” resort. Take advantage of the first-class tennis courts and clubhouse, surrounded by the welcoming atmosphere of Club Med Sandpiper Bay. The Club Med Golf Academy features one 18-hole course and world-class instructors that will help you ignite your game. Luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining and exciting excursions await individuals, couples and families alike!