The main objective of the Ontario Beach High Performance programs are to provide a pathway for those athletes interested in developing their beach volleyball skills towards national and international success. Identified athletes benefit from personalized monitoring and support that include services from partners such as Volleyball Canada, and the Canadian Sport Institute of Ontario.
Benefits of Identification Include
- Sport Nutritional Services &/or Consultations with a registered dietician
- Mental Performance Workshops with a professional mental performance coach
- Lead strength and conditioning sessions
- Detailed athlete profiling and tracking
- Testing & monitoring of development
Athletes born 2000, 2001, and younger
There are opportunities for athletes to be identified for:
Date: December 10, 2017 - 9-11am
Location: Beach Blast, 15 Leswyn Rd, Toronto, Ontario
Cost: $30 plus HST
To register: https://nrs.volleyball.ca/Event/Details/6158 & fill out the following identification form
Athletes looking to be identified to the summer for:
Date: May 25-27, 2018
- Friday: 4:00pm-9:00pm at Volleyball Canada High Performance Facility
- Saturday: Ball Testing; 9:00am-5:00pm at Ashbridges Bay
- Sunday: Compete in OVA Beach Tour Youth Open or 16U division* at Ashbridges Bay
*entry fee not included in cost of try-out, athlete needs to register by the tournament registration deadline, independent of selection camp registration. The athlete trying out is not required to play with a partner that is also trying out for the provincial team.
- Early Registration closes May 5 Cost: $90**
- Registration closes May 19 Cost: $95**
To register: Registration will be open soon.
Athletes born 1999 and older looking to a part of:
Athletes can be identified by participating in a minimum of one of the following Fulltime Training Group practice dates at Volleyball Canada’s High Performance Facility at Downsview Park.
- 4-6:30pm – December 19, 20, 2018
- 6:30p-8:30p – December 22, 2018
- 4-6:30pm – March 6, 7, 2018
- 6:30p-8:30p – March 9, 2018
- 9:00a-11:00a – March 11, 2018
- 4-6:30pm – April 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 2018
- 9:00a-11:00a – April 8, 15, 2018
Athletes can be identified year-round, for those who have missed the above identification times please fill out the following identification form and feel free to contact Senior Beach Development Coach Angie Shen email@example.com.
There are opportunities for Ontario athletes to participate in Canadian Trials to earn the berth to represent Canada at U19, U21 World Championships, & the Youth Olympics. The Ontario Beach High Performance programs aim to help athletes prepare for, and support athletes at these international events.
In 2014, the U21 World Championships was won by two Team Ontario Athletes identified through Ontario Open practices and developed through the Ontario Fulltime Training Groups.
Senior athletes, who are ready for the next step, also have opportunities to participate annually in Canadian trials to begin representing Canada at senior international events such as the NORCECA Continental Tour, and FIVB World Tour.
Athletes interested in finding out more information on how to get themselves on to a high-performance beach pathway, please fill out the following identification form and feel free to contact Senior Beach Development Coach Angie Shen firstname.lastname@example.org.
U21 World Champions Sophie Bukovec & Tia Mirc with OVA Beach Development Coach Angie Shen