The main objective of the Ontario Fulltime Training Groups is to introduce and/or prepare athletes to high performance training in a fulltime training environment. Athletes training with a fulltime training group are also provided the support of an integrated support team through monitored sport science services. The Ontario Fulltime Training Groups are the result of a partnership between the Ontario Volleyball Association, Canadian Sport Institute - Ontario, and Volleyball Canada.
Ontario SENIOR Fulltime Training Group
This training group services the Train to Compete developmental level and is suited to athletes who are interested in training and preparing for current and future U21 World Championships, NORECA Continental or FIVB World Tour beach events. 8-12 athletes per gender will be identified for the Ontario Fulltime Training Group. The main objective of this group is to optimize physical and mental preparation of athletes through the utilization of a shared integrated support team with the National program in order to contribute to the seamless development and transition for athletes on to the National Team.
In addition to ball training, athletes training in the Senior Fulltime Training have access the following support including:
- Mental Performance Training
- Nutritional Consultations
- Strength & Conditioning
- Medical Team
- If still applicable, athletes can be identified into the Senior Fulltime Training Group by attending a 22U Beach Provincial Team identification.
- Please contact Senior Beach Development Coach Angie Shen firstname.lastname@example.org for identification throughout the year.
Winter Training Program:
- November 2, 2015 – April 24, 2016
- Weekly training 5 days per week at Volleyball Canada’s Fulltime Training Centre at Downsview Park.
- Lead strength & conditioning 3 days per week
Summer Training Program:
- May 2, 2016 - August 21, 2016
- Weekly training at Ashbridges Bay 4-5 days per week
- Weekly Yoga
- Lead strength & conditioning program 3 days per week
- Nutrition consultation & monitoring
- Coaching during local competition
- Athletes are guided by coaches to create personalized training and competition plans
- 2015-16 Winter: $1900 + HST
- 2016 Summer:$1650 + HST
Please contact Senior Beach Development Coach Angie Shen email@example.com for further details.