The main objective of the Ontario Fulltime Training Groups is to introduce and/or prepare athletes to high performance training in a fulltime training environment. Athletes training with a fulltime training group are also provided the support of an integrated support team through monitored sport science services. The Ontario Fulltime Training Groups are the result of a partnership between the Ontario Volleyball Association, Canadian Sport Institute - Ontario, and Volleyball Canada.
Ontario BANTAM Fulltime Training Group **NEW**
New to the 2016 beach season will be a Bantam Fulltime Training Group created to service the growing number of Train to Train athletes looking to develop as a beach athlete. This group services the Train to Train developmental level and is ideal for athletes who are interested in being exposed to the training and preparation needed for current and future U17, U19 World Championship objectives. 8-12 athletes will be identified for the Ontario Fulltime Training Group. The main objective of this group is to expose and introduce athletes to a shared integrated support team with the National program in order to contribute to the seamless development and the future potential transition for athletes on to the National Team.
Eligibility: Athletes can be born 2000, 2001, and younger.
- If still applicable, athletes can be identified into the BANTAM Fulltime Training Group by attending the 18U & 16U OVA High Performance Beach tryouts on May 27-29, 2016. From this tryout, athletes will be identified to the 18U Beach Provincial Team as well as Junior & Bantam Fulltime Training Groups.
Selection: May 27-29, 2016
- Friday: 4:00pm-9:00pm at Volleyball Canada High Performance Facility
- Saturday: Ball Testing; 9:00am-5:00pm at Ashbridges Bay
- Sunday: Compete in OVA Beach Tour* at Ashbridges Bay
*entry fee not included in cost of try-out, athlete needs to register by the tournament registration deadline, independent of selection camp registration. The athlete trying out is not required to play with a partner that is also trying out for the provincial team.
- Please contact Senior Beach Development Coach Angie Shen email@example.com for identification throughout the year.
- Athletes do not have to be on the provincial team to be selected to Ontario Fulltime Training Groups, Provincial Team athletes are however provided the option to join the Ontario Fulltime Training Group.
Summer Training Program:
- June 7 - August 21, 2016
- Regular weekly training with the Fulltime Training Group at Ashbridges Bay 3 days per week
- Sessions will take place Tuesday, Wednesday, Fridays
- June sessions will be in the evenings
- July & August sessions will move to a morning start
- Weekly Yoga
- Lead Strength & Conditioning program 2 days per week
- Mental Performance Sessions & Nutrition Sessions
- Athletes are guided by coaches to create personalized training and competition plans
- Athletes who choose this option are required to commit to all regular training sessions and compete regularly in the OVA tour, both Provincial weekends, and Nationals
Winter Training Program:
- November – April
- Opportunity to train up to 3 days a week
- Lead strength & conditioning 2 days per week.
- Winter training sessions are not mandatory; rather athletes that are competing on an indoor team are guided by coaches to manage their load with commitments to their indoor team as their first priority.
- 2016 Summer:
- Provincial Team athlete: $500 + HST (additional to Provincial Team fee)
- Non-Provincial Team athlete: $1500 + HST
- 2015-16 Winter:
- Full-time: $1600 + HST
- Part-time: $950 + HST