The All-Star selection process for 2018 will be as follows:
- During the Grand Prix events, coaches will be asked to select one (1) player of the game from the opposite team after each match during pool-play and two (2) players from the opposite team during playoffs.
- Players will receive 2 point for a nomination during pool-play
- Players will receive 3 points for a nomination during playoff matches
- Players will receive 4 points for a nomination during the gold medal match
- Upon completion of the Grand Prix event, High Performance Athlete Evaluators from the OVA will select three (3) players at each position and rank them from 1 to 3.
- #1 will receive 8 points
- #2 will receive 6 points
- #3 will receive 4 points
- The scores will be added and the players with the most points will be selected as OVA All Stars
- Top two (2) leftsides
- Top two (2) middles
- Top one (1) setter
- Top one (1) rightside
- Top one (1) libero (except for 16U boys)
- In case of a tie between players, the following tie-breaker procedure will be applied
- Player with the highest score from the Grand Prix player of the match nominations
- Player with the highest score from the High-Performance Athlete Evaluators
If you have any questions about this process, please contact email@example.com.
Volleyball In The Community