In preparation for the 2017 Canada Games, the OVA will be holding a special indoor high performance camp in December.
- Follow up with the 2016 Team Ontario 17U players to assess their progress, and review the objectives set during the summer.
- Provide a high level training opportunity to other identified athletes through the 2016 HPC identification process and Team Ontario 16U.
- Further teach Team Ontario concepts and culture to a number of players with the potential of representing Ontario at the 2017 Canada Games.
Dates and Location
- December 9th-11th, 2016
- 100 Niagara College Boulevard, Welland, ON, L3C 7L3
Friday, December 9th
- Boys: 5pm-8pm
- Girls: 7pm-10pm
Saturday, December 10th
- Boys: 8am-4pm
- Girls: 10am-6pm
Sunday, December 11th
- Boys: 8am-11am
- Girls: 11am-2pm
**Detailed schedule to follow
Player Selection Process
A total of 32 athletes per gender will be invited to the Winter Camp - 14 players from the 2016 Team Ontario 17U groups, and 18 players selected by the Team Ontario 17U coaches and High Performance Manager from the following groups:
- Eligible athletes who participated in a 2016 National Team program
- Athletes identified during the 2016 HPC Identification Process
- Athletes from the 2016 Team Ontario 16U groups
- 2015-16 Quest For Gold athletes
Players will receive an official invitation email before October 1st, 2016.
Invitation to the Winter Camp does not guarantee a future participation in the Canada Games program. Players who are not invited to the Winter Camp can still be part of the selection process for the Canada Games team.
- Canada Games coaching staff
- Team Ontario Integrated Support Staff
- Data Volley coaches
- Team Ontario physical trainer
- Special classroom presentation
- Recovery sessions
- Lunch included for all athletes on Saturday and Sunday
**Accommodations are not provided by the OVA. Players attending the camp have to make their own transportation and accommodation arrangements.
Invited players need to register for the High Performance Team Ontario Winter Camp by following the link provided in their invitation letter before October 10th, 2016
For all questions regarding the HP Team Ontario Winter Camp, please contact Jennifer Neilson, High Performance Apprentice Coach at email@example.com
This camp is made possible thanks to the support of the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Sports through the Team Ontario Development Grant Program.