Volleyball Canada successfully piloted the VCCE in British Columbia last year and the program is now expanding to Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario. In Ontario the program will start this September at George Brown College and University of Waterloo.
The Volleyball Canada Centre for Excellence is specifically designed to increase training opportunities for volleyball players with Elite aspirations. This Centres will be open to male and female athletes in the “Training to Train” and the “Learning to Compete” phases of the Long Term Athlete Development Model (Girls 11 – 18, Boys 12 – 19 ). The Centres will provide individualized programing focused specifically around the athletes skill set and positional needs.
Current George Brown College information:
The George Brown VCCE will run our Volleyball Canada Daytime Program for selected athletes able to commit to training on week days. Grades 8-9 will be the Fridays Program, and Grades 10-12 will be the Monday andWednesday Program or Tuesday and Thursdays Program. Schedule and commitment details will be available at your parent-athlete information meeting.
Boys Tryouts - Grade 8-12:
September 5 l 7:00pm-8:30pm l St. James Campus
Girls Tryouts - Grade 10-12:
September 6 l 5:30pm - 7:00pm l St. James Campus
Please contact Josh Nichol if you are attending:
- Assistant Coach Ryerson University
- Team Ontario 2004, 2007 and 2012
- OVA Club Coach since 2000 with Ottawa Kangaroos, Ottawa Capitals, Ottawa Fusion, Storm and Markham Stingers.
- OVA ADP Coach since 2000 with Region 6 RTTC and OSG, Region 5 OWG, HPC
- Madawaska Volleyball Camp
- Head Coach George Brown College
- Assistant Coach York University
- Assistant Coach Upper Canada College
- Beach Coaching with Solstice Sport & Elite Beach Volleyball Club
- Madawaska Volleyball Camp
For more information on the VCCE please visit http://www.vcce.ca/. For any questions about the VCCE at George Brown please contact Josh Nichol at
Current University of Waterloo information:
Athletes will attend two training sessions per week (supplemented with strength and conditioning) spread over two 13 week terms beginning the week of September 10th. Potential training session will be weekday mornings in the 7:00 am to 10:00 am time slot and Sunday mornings in the 8:00 am to 12:00 pm time slot.
Due to the limited training space and the nature of the program players must participate in an evaluation prior to enrolling in the Centre. Players can be evaluated in one of two ways:
- Athletes participating in the Warrior High Performance Centre August 20 - 24 can be evaluated during that Centre
- All other players must attend an evaluation from 7:00 – 8:30 pm on either Wednesday August 22nd or Thursday August 23rd at the University of Waterloo Physical activities Complex (cost $5.00 per athlete)
Parent and athlete information meetings will be held at 6:00pm both nights prior to the athlete evaluations in room 2021 of the U of W Physical Activities Complex.
For more information on the VCCE please visit http://www.vcce.ca/. For any questions about the VCCE at the University of Waterloo please contact Chris Lawson