The 18U Provincial Team is a high performance program designed as a stepping stone to National Team programs.
Eligibility: Athletes must be born 1995 and younger.
Dates: May 24-26, 2013
- Friday: 4:00pm-9:00pm at Volleyball Canada High Performance Facility
- Saturday: Ball Testing; 9:00am-5:00pm at Ashbridges Bay
- Sunday: Compete in OVA Youth Open* at Ashbridges Bay
*entry fee not included in cost of try-out, athlete needs to register by the tournament registration deadline, independent of selection camp registration. The athlete trying out is not required to play with a partner that is also trying out for the provincial team.
Registration: Deadline to register is May 17, 2013. To register, click here.
Selected athletes are required to attend a minimum four (4) of five (5) training camps, as well as compete in six (6) OVA Beach Tour tournaments, minimum of one (1) Beach Provincials, and Beach Nationals. (Travel & tournament entry fees are the responsibility of the athlete.)
- June 7-9 - Camp #1 Toronto
- June 26-28 - Camp #2 Toronto
- July 19-21 - Camp #3 Cobourg
- July 31-August 2 - Camp #4 Toronto
- August 21- 22 – Camp #5 Vancouver, BC
- July 27-28 - Adult Provincial Championships
- August 3-4 - Youth Open Provincial Championships
- Aug 23-25 - National Championships in Vancouver, BC
- Training alongside Beach National Team as a part of the Beach Full-Time Training Centre
- Accommodations during camps (eligible to athletes living +75km away from camp location)
- Coaching support during OVA competitions, Provincials & Beach Nationals
- Presentations & activities (TBC): Nutrition, Female Athlete Triad, Sport Psychology, Injury Prevention, Yoga, Agility, Strength & Conditioning
- Provincial Team Clothing
To be paid for before first Camp (June 5).
- Provincial Team athlete: $900 + HST
- Quest for Gold carded athletes: $1300 + HST
Athletes are not required to have a partner within the provincial team program. However, it is highly recommended that athletes who are identified to be a part of the Full-Time Training Centre option that their partner has the same training objectives. More information about the Full-Time Training Centre can be found here.
Beach Full-Time Training Centre Option:
Provincial Team athletes have the option to train daily with the Full-Time Training Centre. Athletes training in this option will train on a regular basis as a full time beach athlete and are fully integrated into the FTC, taking their development under the supervision of the national program. 8-12 athletes will be identified for the 18U FTC training group. The FTC is the result of a partnership between the Ontario Volleyball Association, Canadian Sport Institute - Ontario, and Volleyball Canada to create a world-class beach volleyball program. Athletes who do not make the provincial team program may still be identified to train with the FTC.
18U FTC Training Program:
- June 3 - August 25, 2013
- Regular weekly training with the FTC at Ashbridges Bay 3-5 days per week.
- June sessions will be in the evenings
- July & August sessions will move to a morning start
- Weekly Yoga, Strength & Conditioning Program, Monitored Sport Psychology (TBC)
- Athletes are guided by coaches to help create personalized training and competition plans
- Athletes who choose this option are expected to commit to all regular training sessions and compete regularly in the OVA tour, both provincial weekends, and Nationals.
FTC Program Cost:
To be paid for before June 5th.
- Provincial Team athlete: $400 + HST
- Non-Provincial Team athlete: $1300 + HST
- Q4G Provincial Team carded athletes: No additional cost, participation required
Any further questions can be directed to Beach Development Coach, Angie Shen