As the provincial governing body, the Ontario Volleyball Association has the responsibility for the sanctioning of Volleyball events/competitions in Ontario. The purposes and benefits of sanctioning, as outlined below, are of value to the participant, event organizer, sponsors, facility/venue owners and the viewing public.
Sanctioning events supports the goal of staging quality events and helps to support the development of programs and services in volleyball throughout Ontario.
Purpose Of Sanctioning
- Ensures a commitment by the event organizer that the event will be conducted in accordance with Ontario Volleyball sanctioning guidelines.
- Ensures that the event will be conducted in a fair and safe manner.
- Ensures that the event meets a standard of quality required for sanctioning by Ontario Volleyball.
Benefits Of Sanctioning Your Event
- Liability Insurance: Available for sanctioned events that will include non-OVA members. Insurance coverage is provided by Ontario Volleyball;
- Technical Assistance: Advice and support for the event where needed;
- Event Participation: Increases the base of potential entrants in your event with over 13,000 OVA members and affiliates throughout Ontario Volleyball;
- Increased Prestige: For many events, when Ontario Volleyball sanctions an event, it improves the event's public perception. A sanction lets the participants know that the event will be run in accordance with the applicable rules and guidelines;
- Use of OVA Logo: A sanctioned event has the right to use the Ontario Volleyball logo to promote the fact that the provincial governing body has sanctioned the event; and
- Recognition Of Event: Each sanctioned event is listed and promoted on through electronic communications to OVA members and affiliates at no charge and identifies it as a Sanctioned Event.
If you are interested in sanctioning an event with us please fill out the OVA Sanctioned Event Application and return the completed form to the OVA office.
If you have any questions regarding the event sanctioning process please contact the OVA Office.